The ICN2053 is a 16-channel PWM constant current sink LED driver for 1:32 time multiplexing applications. The constant-current value of all 16 channels is set by a single external resistor.
ICN2053 converts serial input date into the gray scale of each pixel by a 16-bit shift register. ICN2053 detects individual LED open errors without extra components. ICN2053 also integrated pre-charge circuit for ghosting reduction.
The ICN2053 exploits precise current regulation technology, with both channel-to-channelerr or and chip-to-chip error less than 2.0%.
• 16 constant-current output channels
• Support time-multiplexing for 1~32 scans
• Output current setting range：
0.5~25mA×16@VDD=5V constant currentoutput
0.5~18mA×16@VDD=4.2V constant currentoutput
0.5~10mA×16@VDD=3.3V constant currentoutput
• Current accuracy
Between channel :< ±2.0 %(Max.)
Between ICs :< ±2.0 % (Max.)
• 8 bit current gain：12.5%~200%
• Fast response of output current:
• Data transfer frequency: fMAX=35MHz(Max)
• Power supply voltage: VDD=3.3～5V
• Operating Temperature: –40°C to +85°C
• Output current equation
• Pre-charge for ghosting reduction
• LED open detection
• Enhanced Circuit for Caterpillar Cancelling
• Low-gray scale enhancement
• Integrating LED protection circuit